It is my great pleasure to announce that
I’ll Come Up With a Title Later, I Swear
is now an *** AWARD-WINNING *** blog!
The Hobbler absolutely made my day today by nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award, and I can honestly say that this blog would never have achieved such extraordinary heights without her influence. All kidding aside, I somehow stumbled upon Hobbling Around while I was still toying with the idea of starting a blog, and I’m glad I did. Witty humor, advice, nudism – her blog just has it all, and although The Motivator gets the credit for inspiring me to start my blog, I probably wouldn’t have kept it up if it hadn’t been for The Hobbler signing up as my first subscriber (before I really had any content, mind you – how’s that for optimism?) and leaving an encouraging comment. So thank you very much Hobbler, keep up the great work – and for anyone who hasn’t already done so, go check out her blog!
Now, apparently to accept this award there are a few things I need to do. Here goes…
- Thank and link to the person who nominates you.
- Share seven random facts about you.
- Pass this award on to five new blogging friends.
- Contact and congratulate the awarded bloggers.
The Random Facts:
- I’m a sleepwalker (when I do actually get to sleep). So is my husband. It looks like Lil Miss Awesome is doomed.
- I love horror movies but I refuse to watch them in front of Lil Miss Awesome because I don’t want her to grow up to be as twisted as I am*, so – since she seems to think she doesn’t need sleep – I haven’t watched any horror for a long, long time. Which is probably a good thing considering I have to get up so many times during the night…
- My eyes change colour depending on what mood I’m in. Really, they do. For example, if my irises are green that means I’m in a good mood, if they’re dark blue then I’m most likely upset (or about to be hit with a killer migraine), and if they’re black/red then I’ve probably been possessed by some demonic spirit… either that or I’m slightly annoyed… I don’t know what colour they turn when I’m really angry because nobody’s ever survived to tell me.
- I haven’t quite figured out what I want to be when I grow up, but I’m working on it!
- Prior to pregnancy there was only one movie that ever made me cry (‘Goodbye, Mr Chips’ – the 1939 original, not some crappy remake). Since then, there have been several. Warning: DO NOT mention the movie ‘Up’ in my presence unless you have a box of tissues on standby. And, yes, I do realise that Up is a kids movie and that it’s not supposed to be sad.
- I hate poetry (well, at least all the poetry we’ve studied as part of my English major) but when I was a teenager I wrote a couple of poems that ended up being published in an anthology. I keep waiting for a good opportunity to throw the fact that I’m a published poet back in my creative writing teacher’s face – you just wait, next time he complains about me being closed-minded about poetry he’s gonna cop it…
- I’m not scared of spiders, snakes or even Freddy Krueger…but don’t get me started on cockroaches, leeches or *gulp* oompa loompas…
* I should point out that my parents did not expose me to horror movies as a child, I’m just naturally twisted.
And The Awards Go To:
- Blond Zombie I’d say that I have a lot in common with Blond Zombie – but that’d just sound like I was talking myself up.
- Classy Gallie Ok, so most of her posts make me feel old and uncool but she cracks me up nonetheless.
- H.E. Ellis A great blog and hopefully one day I’ll get around to reading her book, The Gods of Asphalt.
- Mommy-fied I love this blog because my baby is roughly the same age as Mommy-fied’s so I can totally relate to her posts.
- Typical Tracy I’d actually be very surprised if Typical Tracy hasn’t already received the Versatile Blogger Award, but I’m nominating her anyway.
And an honourable mention to Brooke’s Random Ravings – hopefully she gets around to posting some new ravings soon🙂